There are many types of Poker, where each of them has some peculiarities of the rules and their gameplay. But when the point about the Poker hand rankings and winning combinations is considered, the structure remains practically the same, with few exceptions when it’s about the chart with wildcards, usually represented by jokers or deuces. But again, when a beginner studies the basic rules of the game, Texas Holdem is often taken as a basis to get a sense of how to play the game and what combinations to collect to become a winner.
Poker hand rankings – the basic knowledge and the values of each possible combination
If there’s a point to get what are the best winning combinations, it doesn’t matter whether a gambler plays Texas Holdem, Omaha, Jacks or Better, Draw or other types of Poker, as the general structure is more or less the same, where every participant dreams of collecting Royal Flush. Well, the below given chart contains all possible Poker hand rankings, starting from the strongest hand and finishing with the weakest combination.
- Royal Flush. It’s a king of Poker hand rankings that is collected by 10, J, Q, K and A of the same suit.
- Straight Flush. This is a combination of any straight, excepting the highest one, of the same suit.
- Four of a Kind. It consists of four cards of the same value.
- Full House. This hand is created by three cards of the same ranking and by two cards of the same value.
- Flush. This is the combination of any five cards of the same suit.
- Straight. There are five cards of consecutive ranking.
- Three of a Kind. This hand consists of three cards of the same value.
- Two Pair. This is a combination of two sets with two equal valued cards each.
- Pair. There are two cards of the same value with three extra cards.
- High Card. When there’s not any of above mentioned combination, the value of the hand is treated by the highest available card.
Having learned the mentioned combinations by heart, every beginner can easily start the exciting trip to the world of Poker. The other knowledge of the game’s structure is gathered through the experience of participating in battles and competitions.
2 card poker hand ranking, based on Texas Holdem rules
All winning combinations are the result of the game, made bets and chosen strategy. But everything starts not from the final hands, but from 2 pocket cards, depending on which a player decides how to act further. Well, the below given list consists of the 20 highest pocket cards in decreasing order of precedence.
- Pocket Aces.
- Pocket Kings.
- Pocket Queens.
- Pocket Jacks.
- Ace and King of the same suit.
- Pocket Tens.
- Ace and King of the different suit.
- Ace and Queen of the same suit.
- Pocket Nines.
- Ace and Jack of the same suit.
- King and Queen of the same suit.
- Ace and Ten of the same suit.
- Ace and Queen of the different suit.
- Pocket Eights.
- King and Jack of the same suit.
- King and Ten of the same suit.
- Queen and Jack of the same suit.
- Ace and Jack of the different suit.
- King and Queen of the different suit.
- Queen and Ten of the same suit.
Well, now the general information about the Poker hand rankings, based on the rules of Texas Holdem, are clear and the sky is the limit of becoming a successful player.